3. Input data file¶
The data file that contains the IDs identifying each star, the star’s coordinates and their full photometric data must follow certain rules.
- Data must be arranged into columns using points as decimal separators.
- All lines which are not part of the data columns must be commented out using a # symbol at the beginning.
- ID strings must be unique, ie: no two stars should have the same ID.
- All photometric values (either magnitudes or colors) outside the range [-50., 50.] will be considered as bad photometry and any star showing such a value for any of its magnitudes/colors will be discarded.
- All photometric columns must have an associated error column.
- At least one magnitude column must be defined.